Wednesday, October 15, 2014

3-d.





This year has introduced me to many things; working digitally 3 dimensional perhaps being the most profound. Before this year I had never touched 3d software, so this is a journey for me. I am happy to say that I've been able to so far create a modular kit, and with a compilation kit made of mine and 12 other students kits, create a level. The world we are creating focuses on a concept of a research facility in space, where the researches happened upon a "relic".  It is a lot  of fun to see how this is fleshing out.



We Have begun the rather arduous process of making props for our modular kits. I was assigned ladders. you really don't realize what goes into an item until you are tasked with recreating it. I've always taken ladders for granted, but now I realize there are so many different ladders, for what appears different reasons. some are light and easy to move- others, study and solid. I think that is what I love about art, it forces you to understand the world around you. I'd like to think of artists as professional students.
seeing concepts become realities is always magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment